ASPCA Poision Control Center
If we are closed, you can contact the
ASPCA Poison Control 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
A $65 consultation fee may be required.
Click here to visit the ASPCA website.
If we are closed and you have an emergency, please go to or call:
The Veterinary Specialty Hospital
10435 Sorrento Valley Road
San Diego, CA 92121
Veterinary Care Charitable Fund
A contribution from you, no matter the amount, will make a big difference in the life of a sick, injured or, abused animal.
Donations to the Veterinary Care Charitable Fund support the charitable work done by veterinarians on behalf of pets and their loving owners. You can donate directly to your local veterinary practice, or you can donate to the AVMF Annual Fund.
Behavior and Training
Dr. Patrick Melese
Veterinary Behavior Consultants
Dr. Melese is a private specialty veterinary practice that has been helping owners and others with animal behavior problems in the Southern California area since before 1988.
5040 Convoy St. Suite B
San Diego, CA 92111
While the idea of your pet being under anesthesia can be stressful, rest assured that the care and well-being of your pet is the first thing on your veterinarian’s mind. In this video, Dr. Jusmeen Sarkar explains the ins and outs of anesthesia and your pets.
Flea, Tick, Heartworm, and Parasite Prevention
There is a large selection of heartworm, intestinal parasite, flea, and tick prevention products on the market.
No one product is perfect for all dogs, because each dog and their companion family have a different lifestyle and needs.
Please click the button below to learn more about the products we offer.
Approved Leash-Free Locations
All people bringing their dogs to leash-free areas enter at their own risk and accept full responsibility and liability for their dog’s actions. All other park areas, with the exception of the beaches and Mission Bay, allow dogs at any time, but they must be on a leash. Owners are always required to clean up after their dogs.
Balboa Park, 24 hours a day
- Nate’s Point: Balboa Drive at El Prado, south side of Cabrillo Bridge
- Morley Field: northwest of tennis courts
Cadman Community Park
- Located at 4280 Avati Drive in Clairemont
Doyle Community Park
- Located on Sunset Cliffs Boulevard, between Nimitz and West Point Loma, in Ocean Beach; this one-acre park offers one area for all dogs.
- Located in Mission Bay Park, Fiesta Island offers a 5.2-mile asphalt path around the island for dog walkers. Hours are from 6 am to 10 pm every day.
Grape Street Park
- Located at Grape and 28th Streets in South Park, this site is unfenced and available for off-leash use during the following designated days and times.
- Posted leash-free hours: Monday through Friday: 7:30 am to 9 pm; Saturday, Sunday, and holidays: 9 am to 9 pm
Kearny Mesa Community Park
- Located at 3170 Armstrong Streets in Kearny Mesa, this one-acre park near the Kearny Mesa Recreation Center offers one area for all dogs. The site is now lighted, which allows for evening use. Hours are from 6:30 am to 10 pm every day.
- Located at 8820 Judicial Drive in University City, just east of the North University Community Branch Library building and near the Nobel Athletic Fields and Recreation Center, this area offers adjacent parking and separate sections for large and small dogs.
DogLeggs is dedicated to enhancing the quality of treatment and improving the lives of companion animals. Today, DogLeggs’ products are revolutionizing the companion pet industry by providing pet owners and veterinarians with innovative, effective, easy-to-use coverage and support solutions. The perfect alternative to many traditional bandaging methods.
From the beginning to this day, ALL DogLeggs’ products are proudly made in the USA, using the highest quality materials and the greatest care in their fabrication, assuring each and every customer the best result for your pet.
Introducing the Help’EmUp Harness with “Hip Lift.” A complete shoulder and hip harness system that literally lifts the lives of aging or recovering dogs! By placing a pair of handles where you can quickly reach them, this unique dog harness allows you to lend support at any time.
The dog lift harness is especially helpful for owners whose dogs are feeling the effects of aging or health issues. It’s also perfect for veterinarians and orthopedic surgeons who work with dogs recovering from injuries or surgery. In fact, the pain it minimizes may very well be your own!
Trying To help your pet? Over the past decade, Hero has developed braces for dogs’ legs. Dog knee braces are helping animals all around the world return to play. Veterinarians and therapists use bracing as a way to increase their surgery and rehabilitation outcomes.
The Hero dog knee brace borrows concepts from human knee braces and adapts them to a dog’s unique way of walking. This dog knee brace is called a stifle brace in veterinary medicine. The device is used to support dogs that have a CCL or ACL tear in their knee.
Get In Touch
We are proud to serve the San Diego, CA area for everything pet-related.
Our veterinary clinic and animal hospital are run by Dr. Grafton Houston, who is a licensed, experienced San Diego veterinarian. You can count on us to be there for you and your four-legged family members when you need us most.
Sat - Sun: Closed
Have a question?
Get in touch with our team! Complete the form below, and a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly. If you're in need of immediate assistance, please call us directly at 858-569-7777.
Request your next appointment online!
Save time and easily request your next appointment with us from any device. Click the button below to get started or to download our app. We look forward to seeing you soon!